Monday, January 24, 2011

Jeremiah 29 is stalking us. :)

It seems like everywhere I (Aaron) go these days, I am repeatedly confronted by a familiar (and profoundly encouraging) bit of Scripture. It's one we've blogged about before, I think, but that just KEEPS coming up in sermons, conversations, and (most recently) in "A Guide to Prayer for all Who Seek God." So here we go again:

"This is what the LORD says: 'When seventy years are completed for Babylon, I will come to you and fulfill my good promise to bring you back to this place. For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you,' declares the LORD, 'and will bring you back from captivity.'" -Jeremiah 29:10-14a (NIV)

This passage is inspiring for many reasons, not the least of which being A.) God has a plan for us -and- B.) he longs to hear and answer our prayers. Beyond those assurances, however, both Brittany and I have become increasingly convinced in recent days (and especially during our time at the Church of the Nazarene's European Leadership Conference) that God is even now preparing a specific and exciting...something...for our future. In the meantime, our mandate -individually, as a couple, and as a church- is clear: to call, to come, to seek, to pray, to love.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment