Sunday, January 19, 2014

Keep going.

God's Promise: Isaiah 30:18-21

"Therefore the LORD waits to be gracious to you; therefore he will rise up to show mercy to you.

For the LORD is a God of justice; blessed are those who wait for him...

He will surely be gracious to you at the sound of your cry; when he hears it, he will answer you...

And when you turn to the right or when you turn to the left, your ears shall hear a word behind you, saying, 'This is the way; walk in it.'"

I love this passage. I've loved since I first heard Dr. Doug Samples teach on it in my freshman Intro to Biblical Literature class at Southern Nazarene University. And it's true!

We don't always know three steps ahead, and it's sometimes easy to slip away from the main path. But when we do -if we're faithful to think and talk and pray about God's will for our lives- we really can hear the Holy Spirit saying, "this is the way for you. Keep going. I am with you." 

Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment