Thursday, May 31, 2012

More Green Book Goodness: Come Away, Redux

More confirmation that we (as Christians, as Nazarenes, and as missionaries) are called to simplicity, flexibility, and prayerful abandon, courtesy of the Green Book:

"If we ask God for so little it may well be because we feel the need for him so little. We are leading complacent, secure, well-protected, mediocre lives. We aren't living dangerously enough; we aren't living the way Jesus wanted us to live when he proclaimed the good news" -Anthony de Mello

"I am telling you my own experience and that of my colleagues: we could go for days on end without food; we could not live a single minute without prayer." -Mahatma Gandhi

"The less we pray the less we are likely to live the risky, challenging life that the Gospels urge us to; the less of a challenge there is in our life, and the less we are likely to pray." -de Mello

"Given the type of life I am leading, if I ceased to pray I should go mad!" -Gandhi

Which brings us back to a song that keeps getting stuck in our heads:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9B27Z7hfGRI

Here we go again...
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment