Monday, October 21, 2013

Do Not Fear...

I (Aaron) was flipping through A Guide to Prayer for All Who Seek God yesterday and came across as passage that's been a real encouragement at different points over the past few years...both for us, and for several couples who are friends of ours in ministry in the States, Poland the UK.

"But now thus says the Lord,
    he who created you, O Jacob,
    he who formed you, O Israel:
Do not fear, for I have redeemed you;
    I have called you by name, you are mine.

When you pass through the waters, I will be with you;
    and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you;
when you walk through fire you shall not be burned,
    and the flame shall not consume you.

For I am the Lord your God,
    the Holy One of Israel, your Savior."

-Isaiah 43:1-3a (NRSV)

The moral of the story:
God is good, God is able, and God can be trusted! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment