Thursday, July 8, 2010

It's All Happening, Part 2

After arriving in the international terminal and learning that our flight was going to be substantially delayed, we immediately decided to return to one of the (many) main terminals for some higher-quality food than the (much smaller) international terminal food court had to offer.

There was only one problem: the boarding passes for our now-six-hours-late flight only afforded us admittance to the INTERNATIONAL terminal...which is how we ended choosing between a 24-hour coffee place, a sort of Chicago/Philly fusion hot dog stand, a McDonald's (where neither of us has eaten in 3 years), and a bar.

To make a long story short, we ended up splitting a cheesteak, some cheese sticks (are you sensing a theme?), and a giant sort of combination roast-beef-and-sausage sandwich. Overwhelming at first, surely...but, as it turned out, the only decent food we'd get for the next 16 hours!

What followed was a seemingly interminable six-hour wait (during which Brittany slept a few hours and Aaron slept none at all). To be fair, it also included an enjoyable re-viewing of one of Aaron's favorite movies, "Almost Famous." After a few anxious moments when it seemed like we might not receive our specific seating assignments (again!), we finally boarded our plane.

After settling into our lumbar-restricting seats, the flight attendants almost immediately began serving breakfast...which seemed nice, until it turned out to be six-hours-old beef and rice intended for the previous day's dinner! :) During the balance of the 8.5 hour flight, Aaron narrowly averted a series of INCREDIBLY painful neck spasms and managed to get 6 or 7 hours of sleep (his first in about 36 hours). Brittany, however, was forcd to endure two consecutive movies (dubbed in Polish, without English subtitles) and a Polish-speaking seatmate who refused to let her walk/climb/hop past him into the aisle.

At around 7:00 PM local time, we finally arrived in Warsaw!

To Be Continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment